Here is a small overview of the 11 types of database engines supported by dbSQWare.
The RDBMS (Relational database management system):
– Oracle is the most popular on UNIX / Linux.
– DB2 LUW is the version of the distributed system of the Mainframe engine.
– SQLServer, developed by Microsoft, is mainly deployed on Windows.
– Teradata is a historic RDBMS with colossal storage capacities.
– Sybase, acquired by SAP, is the former market leader.
– Ingres, dating from the 80s, has been Open Source since 2004.
– MySQL is the most popular Open Source RDBMS
– and PostgreSQL, the most advanced Open Source RDBMS.
– Cassandra has a column-oriented organization.
– MongoDB, which is a document-oriented organization, is the most popular.
– The version of Adabas Linux is accessible by natural language.