dbSQWare, our multi-DBMS operation and maintenance software, supports 11 types of database engines.
On RDBMS side (Relational Database Management System):
– Oracle, the most popular on UNIX / Linux
– DB2 LUW, the distributed system version of the Mainframe engine
– SQLServer, developed by Microsoft and mainly deployed on Windows
– Teradata, a historic RDBMS with colossal storage capacities
– Sybase, acquired by SAP and former market leader
– Ingres, dating from the 80s and in Open Source since 2004
– MySQL, the most popular Open Source RDBMS
– and PostgreSQL, the most advanced Open Source RDBMS.
On NoSQL side:
– Cassandra and its column-oriented organization
– MongoDB, the most popular of NoSQL, with a document-oriented organization
– Adabas Linux version, accessible through the natural language.
Despite the diversity of these database engines and their heterogeneity, with dbSQWare, their operation and maintenance are completely homogeneous.