Copy of environments
In evolution, dbSQWare constantly integrates new database engines, new releases and new features.
Follow, simplify backups and organize your bases
360-degree vision thanks to customized reporting and indicators
your own tools
Increase efficiency with a complete and consistent view of your entire database.
– “By the way, what’s the point of making database backups? »
As its name suggests, a database is a structured collection of data. It consists of files in which the data is stored.
It is created and managed by a database management system (DBMS) which, among other things, allows data to be recorded, searched for, sorted and modified.
Data is at the heart of business activity. It is extremely valuable and its loss can be devastating when there is no copy.
This is why it is essential to make backups of the databases.
There are several types of backup:
– the “full backup”: all the files of a database are copied
– the “incremental backup”: only the blocks of files that have been modified since the last backup are copied
– the “log backup” (redo log, transaction log, wal or xlog): transaction log files are copied. These files are used to memorize all the modifications carried out on a database.
Backups can be made:
– cold: when the database is stopped
– or hot: when the database is active.
Once the backups have been made, it is then possible to recover the data if necessary.
And since trust does not exclude control, it is a good idea to check compliance with the backup policy on a daily basis across the entire database.
The dbSQWare team wishes you a very happy new year 2022!
This year again, we will put all our efforts to satisfy our customers and respond to the management and maintenance issues of DBMSs.
It is thanks to our users and it is for them that our dbSQWare software continues to evolve and incorporate new features.
Facilitating the daily life of DBA teams and their CIOs is our priority.
We couldn’t end the year without releasing a new version of our DBMS management and maintenance software.
With new features like:
– the user access report to databases for administrators, by API
– the management of inclusion and exclusion users
– the management of Oracle clusters configuration
And other changes to quickly discover in V2021.07 from dbSQWare!